Tuesday, July 20, 2010

POG Caddis Larva

When I was tying the "Ice Pink Larva" I started to play with some of the color combination here is a variation I'm calling the POG Caddis Larva (Purple, Orange, and Green).

Right now my local rivers are too hot to fish for trout.  I stop when the water temperature hit 70ยบ F, so I've not tested this pattern.  If you tie some up publish your results in the comment section.  Thank.



Hook – TMC 2457 or any heavy Grub hook
Size – 10-16
Thread – 8/0 or 6/0 Black
Head – Hairline Ice Dub Caddis Green and Black Brass or Tungsten bead
Hot Spot – Hairline Ice Dub Orange
Abdomen – S.L.F. Prism Dub SLP074 - Hot Purple
Rib – .32 gauge Amethyst Parawire or any purple wire
Shell Back – Hairline 1/8" Tan Scud Back
Gills – White CDC



1. Mash down barb and bead and secure in wire.

 2. Tie in white CDC for Gills.


3. Tie in Tan Scud Back.


4. Dub Abdomen.


5. Dub Thorax.


6. Dub Head.


7. Pull Shell Back over the top and tie-off.


8. Advance your wire creating the rib.


9. Secure wire and whip finish.

1 comment: