Wednesday, October 6, 2010

3M's Scientific Anglers Buys Ross

I'm not sure how I feel about this, but on September 30, 2010 – 3M announced it acquired
Ross Reels USA/Ross Worldwide Outdoors of Colorado.

I have nothing against 3M or Scientific Anglers, I use and like there products. It's the loss
of a independent designer/manufacture of quality reels and and now rods.

I enjoy my Ross reels and they have never let me down, and the New F1
is to die for.

At the IFTD Show I got the chance to look one over and it is SWEET.

Ross F1
The drag uses breaking technology from Formula 1 race cars.

I don't know what Ross Worldwide will look in a year or two after 3M takes over, but I know I pick up my F1 very soon.

Also I got to try out the New RX Fly rods, this fast action, progressive taper rod was a pleasure to cast.  I was very taken with the rod and had to cast it everyday I was at the show to make sure it wasn't a dream.


Ross RX

5 comments:

  1. I live here in Montrose colorado and hear alot of things, I hear that they will move out of colorado and head for the south, also the local fly shop here just about two miles from the ross factory closed down and the next shop 30 miles south says to me that they are going to dump ross all together, I love the reels and the rods and fish em hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a fan of both Scientific Anglers and Ross Reels. I own a couple of Ross Reels, the Cimmaron for a five weight Scott Rod and the Colorado Zero for a two weight St. Croix. The Colorado in my opinion is the best click and pawl reel period. I hope the merger turns out for the best.

    The Average Joe Fisherman
    http://averagejoefisherman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bugerrfish if that ends up being true, well what a bummer. Ryan said I too hope the merger goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh...a sign of the times. Seems like everyone is owned by some larger conglomerate these days. Usually two things begin to suffer in these scenarios, quality & customer service - really hope this isn't the case here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that's not the case as well. Scientific Anglers makes good products, one can hope they keep the Ross quality.

    ReplyDelete