Friday, October 8, 2010

Diablo Paddlesports

What do you get when you combine a stand-up paddle board and a kayak? Well you get a devilish creation call by Thomas Flemons of Diablo Paddlesports the "Sup-Yak".  A hybrid of two great ways to get around on the water a stand-up paddle board and kayaking.


The Adios is 12.5' long and 36" wide has all the confront of a sit-on-top kayak with the stability of a stand-up paddle board. Weighting in at 69 pounds it has the ability to support over 400 pounds!

The Chupacabra  is10.5' long, and 37" wide and weighs 56 lbs.  Similar to the Adios the Chupacabra is nibbler version of it's bigger brother.

I had the opportunity to meet and talk with Tom at the International Fly Tackle Dealer Show and he ran down the feature and design of both vessels.  He sold me on getting one (maybe even two).  I'm just torn between which one. The Adios seems to be the most versatile for the local reservoirs and Raritan Bay. The Chupacabra is smaller and lighter which make it ease loading on an off my Element. Also I believe the Chupacabra is an decedent of the Jersey Devil (the stories of the Chupacabra are far to similar to our beloved NJ Pine Barrens resident).

I'll just have to take Tom up on his offer to try out both next time I'm in Texas, by chance his operation is not far from family in the Lone Star State.

No comments:

Post a Comment