Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The International Fly Tying Symposium: Save the Date November 20th & 21st

Save the date: The International Fly Tying Symposium will be held on November 20th and 21st, 2010 at the The Doubletree Hotel in Somerset, NJ.


I've been going to this event since it's start and has become a fly tiers home coming of sorts.  While there are some deals the main reason to attend is to catch-up, swap patterns and fishing stories.

There are some great free programs like Ozzie's“Underwater World of Trout - See Flies from the Perspective of the Trout, not the Angler” on Saturday @ 10:00 a.m. Sunday @ 11:00 a.m.


Beside the free programs in the Catch room and Release room,  there are a host of classes with well know tiers (last year I took the class with Johan Klingberg from Sweden on tying Czech nymph).

The 2010 International Fly Tying Symposium - Special Limited Classes

Classes on Saturday are availbe with Dick Talleur, Eric Stroup, Gary Borger and a free Fly Tying Class only between 1:00-2:30 P.M. for Scouts, "What they need to know in order to earn their merit badge."

On Sunday Bob Jacklin, Marc Petitjean and Enrico Puglisi are on the slate.


Bob Jacklin with my boy's at the Fly Fishing Show 2010
Classes are $70.00 which includes entrance into the show, I can say it's well worth the one-on-one instruction with these well know tyers.  I've learn new techniques every time I've attend.

Finally there are tiers from around the world here is a small sample:  Theo “Goldbead” Bakelaar, Don Bastian, Dave Brandt, Peggy Brenner, Bob Clouser, Kevin Compton, Jay “Fishy” Fullum, Aaron Jasper, Paul Little, Charlie Meck, Chris Reeves, Paul Rossman, Dave Rothrock, Bill Skilton, and Steve Thornton only to name a few.

I'll be there most likely for both days since it's in my back yard.  I be posting on twitter and taking photos and video. I hope to see you there.

1 comment: