Saturday, August 20, 2011

Return of the Old Style Guide Wader by Simms

 

Simms is re-introducing it's Guide Wader to the market.  While I could not go the International Fly Tackle Dealer IFTD show in New Orleans this year I been keeping my eye out for news on new gear.

I was happy to see that Simms is bring back it's popular Guide Wader, which hasn't be available since 2006. The main reason for my excitement is my old pair of Guide Wader which I purchased some time before 2006 are starting to show signs of wear.  Matter of fact, I was going to replace them this year but just couldn't see me ponying up for Simms G4 Pro Wader, so I'd repaired my old ones.

There's nothing wrong with the G4 they look to be good wader's.  I won't buy another brand, because my Simms have given me many years of service.  Before purchasing Simms I was in to new waders almost every year (every other if I was lucky).

In short this camper is glad to see the return of the old style Guide Wade.  I like the design and I don't need all the bells and whistles of the G4.


1 comment:

  1. Nachdem meine L2 nun undicht ist, werde ich mir die neue Guide zulegen, danke für die Einschätzung!!!

    ReplyDelete